Expanscience, a limited liability company having a board of directors and a supervisory board, with €11,562,528 in capital and a head office located at 1, Place des Saisons - 92048 PARIS La Défense Cedex (France), registered in the Nanterre Register of Trades and Companies under number 317 586 808 (hereinafter “Expanscience,” “we,” “our”), collects personal data via the www.expanscience-ingredients.com website (hereinafter the “Site”).
This confidentiality policy specifies when, why and how we collect, use and process personal data related to Site visitors.
We commit to supplying you with high-quality products and services in a professional manner, while protecting your privacy.
I. Personal data collected and reasons for processing
Below is a list of personal data that we collect from you, along with the reasons for collecting this data and the legal basis used each time data is processed.
|Category of People Concerned||Type of Personal Data||Reason for Processing||Legal Basis for Processing|
We feel that the processing of your personal data we undertake on the basis of our legitimate interest does not entail an undue risk to your rights and privacy. In particular, we have adopted measures to protect your rights by applying the appropriate deadlines for storing the data and by ensuring the proper security checks.
If you choose to withhold the personal data that we request, we may be unable to supply you with the products and/or services you ask for or carry out the actions for which we have requested your personal data. When supplying personal data is necessary, we indicate this on our forms.
II. Cookies and other web technologies
- Performance cookies - These cookies allow us to determine the number of site visits and the sources of traffic, so that we can measure and improve the performance of our Site. They also help us identify the most- and least-visited pages and evaluate how visitors browse the Site. If you do not accept these cookies, we will not be informed of your visit to the Site.
- Functionality cookies - These cookies let us improve and customize our Site functionalities. They may be activated by our teams or by third parties whose services are used on the pages of our Site. If you do not accept these cookies, all or part of these services may not function correctly.
- Cookies for targeted advertising - These cookies may be implemented on our Site by our advertising partners. They may be used by these companies to establish a profile of your interests and offer you pertinent ads on other websites. They do not directly store personal data but are based on the unique identification of your browser and internet device. If you do not authorize these cookies, your advertising will be less targeted.
III. Recipients of your personal data
We may be led to share your personal data with various third parties:
- Companies that supply us with products and services, such as:
- Service providers that support our activity,
- In particular, companies that provide hosting and maintenance;
- We have carefully chosen these service providers and taken the necessary steps to ensure adequate protection of your personal data. All our service providers have signed a written agreement to process the personal data supplied to them only for the purpose of providing a specific service and implementing the appropriate security measures for protecting your personal data.
- Legal authorities, public administrators and all other third parties that may require us to divulge or share your personal data for the purpose of legal obligations and to protect the rights, property and/or security of our company or our personnel;
- Investors and other third parties concerned by the possible sale of our company or by another transaction related to the company;
- Our accountants, auditors, lawyers and other counselors;
IV. International transfer of your personal data
We do not directly transfer any of your personal data outside the European Union.
V. Length of conservation of your personal data
We get rid of the personal data we have collected after a certain period of time; data is removed three years after your last contact with us (for example, a request for documentation or a click on a hypertext link contained in an email). Beyond this period, we may keep your data in an archive database (no marketing emails are sent) to meet our fiscal, accounting and social obligations (5-10 years maximum).
VI. Security of your personal data
We have implemented physical, electronic and administrative security measures, including the use of extensive firewalls and passwords that enable securing access to personal data. We also ensure that access to personal data is limited to only those employees and third parties that need to access this data to carry out their functions, in particular actions that involve Site operation, development or improvement of services. Individuals accessing this data are under an obligation to maintain confidentiality and have been trained in how to protect personal data.
VII. Your rights
As the person concerned, you have various rights. Each of these rights is subject to certain conditions, in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation, no. 2016/679, and to applicable national laws (in France, the “Information Technology and Civil Liberties Act” dated January 6, 1978, and modified).
- Right to access - You have the right to obtain confirmation from us that we have or have not processed your personal data, as well as certain other information (similar to the information listed in this confidentiality policy) concerning the way in which this data is used. You also have the right to access your personal data by asking us to send you a copy of the personal data concerning you. This allows you to know and verify that we use your information in compliance with the data protection laws. We may refuse to supply you with this information, in particular if it might contain or reveal personal data concerning another individual or negatively affect the rights of another individual.
- Right to rectify - You may ask us to take steps to correct your personal data if it is incorrect or incomplete (for example, if we have the wrong name or address).
- Right to erase - Known as the “right to forget,” this right allows you to request in a simple way the erasure or removal of your personal data when, for instance, we no longer have a compelling reason to continue to use it or if use of this data has become illegal. However, this does not confer a general right to erase and there are several exceptions, for example when we must use the information to defend a legal claim or to meet a legal obligation.
- Right to limit processing - You have the right to “block” or prevent further use of your personal data when we evaluate a request for rectification or as an alternative to erasure. When processing is limited, we can still conserve your personal data but may no longer use it.
- Right to data portability - You have the right to obtain and reuse certain personal data for your needs as concerns various companies (which are responsible for distinct data processing). This does not apply to personal data that you have given us, that we process with your consent and use to carry out a contract and that is processed automatically. In this case, we can supply you with a copy of your data in a structured format that is commonly used and can be read by a machine, or, if you so request, we can send your data directly to another individual who is responsible for processing (when this is technically possible).
- Right to oppose - You have the right to oppose certain types of processing for reasons tied to your particular situation, at any time, insofar as this processing is done on behalf of the legitimate interest of Expanscience. However, we may continue to process your personal data if we can demonstrate that the processing is justified for compelling and legitimate reasons that outweigh your interests, rights and personal freedom, or if we require it for the establishment, pursuance or defense of legal claims. If you oppose the processing of your personal data for direct marketing actions, we will no longer use your personal data for this purpose.
- Right to withdraw consent - When we process your personal data on the basis of your consent, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time. Nonetheless, this withdrawal does not affect the legitimacy of any processing done before the withdrawal.
- Right to provide instructions on how to use your personal data after your death - You have the right to provide instructions on the management (e.g., conservation, erasure and disclosure) of your data after your death. You may modify or revoke your instructions at any time.
VIII. Third-party sites
The Site may contain Links to other websites operated by third parties. Please note that this confidentiality policy applies only to personal data collected on the Site. We cannot be held responsible for the personal data that third parties may collect, store and use on their own website, even if the link found on our Site has enabled accessing this website. We recommend that you read carefully the confidentiality policy of each website you visit.
IX. How to contact us
This confidentiality policy may be periodically updated. We will inform you of any substantial modification that affects the use of your personal data.
If you have questions concerning this confidentiality policy or the use we make of your personal data, you may contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by sending a letter to the following address:
1 place des Saisons
92048 Paris La Défense Cedex - France
Before evaluating your request, we may ask you for additional information in order to identify you. If you do not provide the information we ask for and we are consequently unable to identify you, we may refuse to pursue your request.
If you are not satisfied with our answer to your complaint or if you think that the processing of your personal data is not in compliance with data protection laws, you may file a complaint with the competent data protection control authority. The Commission Informatique et Libertés (CNIL) is the data protection authority in France (www.cnil.fr).